What to bring to a simulation session
It's important to be prepared for a simulation session. Here are some items that you might like to consider taking with you to your next simulated patient booking.
- Comfortable clothes or a change of clothes. Short sleeves, or button up shirts are good in sessions where you are wearing a gown or if a student is to listen to your chest. Avoid wearing clothes that might stain i.e. white clothes if you are in a session with a moulage wound or fake blood.
- A bottle of water, a snack or lunch or money to purchase food if required.
- A timesheet to fill in on the day.
- A copy of the scenario, room numbers and contact details for the educator or lecturer running the session.
- Be armed with any questions that you might have about the character or session that require further clarification before the simulation.